Q&A about Siteimprove, SLAs, Support, Training
We have been asked a lot of questions regarding the Download Service Level Agreement (SLA) (SLA) and the requirements we have added to the SLA in order for you to obtain a Siteimprove license. Hopefully this Q&A will give you the answers!
1. Is the Siteimprove License FREE?
Yes, it is funded by the Department of Administration, Division of Enterprise IT Services (EITS).
2. What will the Siteimprove tool do for me?
The Siteimprove platform is a simple, powerful tool that evaluates how accessible your website is, and shows you how to make it better. It offers a key approach to securing digital accessibility for public websites, with an at-a-glance dashboard feature that pinpoints exactly where to make improvements. The service provides complete visibility across your content quality and performance and SEO. Accessible web design is central to good design principles, and following guidelines for web accessibility ensures usability for everyone, including people with disabilities.
3. What if I have more than one (1) website? Can the other websites be added to the Siteimprove tool?
Yes, however, the new website(s) cannot be Intranet website(s) -or- Password Protected websites that require user intervention. Just Email us 1)URL of the website, 2) name of the Website owner, 3)their user address, 4)name & email of all content editors.
4. Can I have more than one content editors for each website?
Yes, Just Email us 1)name of the content editor(s), 2) their email Address.
5. Do you need to sign a Service Level Agreement (SLA) with EITS to obtain a Siteimprove License?
Yes, Because there are several requirements that the Nevada & National Federation of the Blind has requested, and we need everyone with a licese to satisfy these rquirements within a MONTH of receiving their License from EITS.
6. What if I am having issues getting all of the requirements applied to our site in a month?
Contact Webteam at email@example.com, and we will try to assist you!
7. Once the Director and Point of Contact (POC) signs the SLA for my department/division, etc., what happens?
- The EITS Web team will grant you access to the Siteimprove tool (NO LIMIT ON THE # OF USERS that need access to the Siteimprove Dashboard)
- The EITS Web team will walk your through a Siteimprove QuickStart to help you get familiar with the Siteimprove Dashboard and how to navigate it
- We request you take our recommended training:
- The EITS Web team created an online training course in NVeLearn that you should take first just to get familiar with ADA (it is a certified class)
- Siteimprove Academy has 24 class that are also 'certified classes", that should assist you in further understanding the Siteimprove tool and ADA
- Remediation Guides that cover Remediation Guide: Word, PDFs, Excel, Powerpoint, Remediation Guide: Audio, Video & YouTube (these guides have been created by our EITS web team and contain detailed instructions and sample documents that you can use to remediate as you are being walked through the process)
- Manual Testing - especially NVDA. NVDA is a free tool that allows you to hear exactly what a person using an Assistive technology (AT) device hears.
- JUST DIVE IN!
8. Will the Web team help me with Siteimprove questions?
Yes, however, please remember that Siteimprove is the first level of support and we are paying them for support. You will need to create a helpdesk ticket (see Siteimprove Support) located at http://ada.nv.gov/Siteimprove/Siteimprove/.
9. Siteimprove will be scheduling group training classes, however, we are rolling out the Siteimprove licenses slowly so it might be a while before the 1st training class is schedule.
In the meantime, the information on the Siteimprove Landing Page, http://ada.nv.gov/siteimprove//, is very comprehensive. So much so, that we just linked to it instead of trying to write our own.
10. Do you have any questions we have not addressed?
Send an email to Webteam asking your question(s).